Date: 10th January 2007
The Executive Committee calls for the Extraordinary Delegates’ Conference for 5th – 11th March 2007. This Conference will be held on Internet. The schedule for the Conference will be announced in the next few weeks.
The Executive Committee has prepared another update of the Tournament Rules draft. The Executive Committee asks all the ITHF members to read this document again and to send any comments to the Executive Committee or to post them on the ITHF discussion webpage.
The document of the Tournament Rules can be found here: http://www.ithf.info/stiga/ithf/docs/TourRulesJanuary2007.htm
The next Delegates’ Conference will vote about this document.
The Executive Committee would like to start a public discussion on this topic: “Awarding wild cards for the World/European Championships open category”.
The update of the Tournament Rules allows awarding wild cards in the open category. The question for the next Delegates’ Conference is going to be whether the members of the ITHF accept this rule.
Executive Committee suggests choosing one of the following rules:
1) No wild cards for the open category.
2) The Executive Committee can award one or two wild cards for the open category. The wild cards can be awarded only in exceptional cases.
Executive Committee suggests making changes in the ITHF Constitution concerning
accepting new ITHF members. The Executive Committee supposes that an
organization asking for the membership in the ITHF should prove certain table
hockey activity at the national level. That is why the Executive Committee
would like to add these conditions for the new members into the ITHF
1) To be officially registered by the national authorities as a sport organization.
2) To have at least 15 adult members (players) from the nation. If clubs are the members of the national association then the number of members of these clubs is considered for this rule.
3) To organize at least 5 tournaments within the national region with at least 10 players (each tournament) every year. These tournaments have to be open for all table hockey players.
4) To be open for any
table hockey players from the home nation and to support table hockey
development in the whole country.
The Executive Committee believes that these conditions can ensure that the national organization is a good representative of the nation and can be accepted as an ITHF member.
The Executive Committee suggests making changes in the ITHF Constitution concerning the voting system at the Delegates’ Conference.
The current ITHF members who don’t meet the conditions suggested above for accepting the new ITHF members would NOT have the right to VOTE at the Delegates’ Conferences as long as the conditions would not be fulfilled. They would remain the ITHF members, but only with the observer status.
The rules described above would be valid immediately for the current ITHF members with an exception of the first rule – the registration of the national association. This rule would come into effect on 1st September 2007.
The Executive Committee recognizes that the current solution for the voting system at the Delegates’ Conference is not the best possible system. The ITHF members who send at least 8 players at the World Championship have 2 votes at the Delegates’ Conference, while the others have just 1 vote.
Executive Committee would like to define a system that is not dependent on the
participation at just one tournament. The Executive Committee suggests these
1) To have more ACTIVE players should mean more power during the voting at the ITHF Delegates’ Conference. The World Ranking can be used as the decision factor of how many active players are in each ITHF member nation. The suggestions of evaluating the proportion of the amount of active players at each ITHF members and the power at the ITHF are these:
- The ITHF members with at least 100 players with at least 250 points at the World Ranking would have 3 votes at the Delegates’ Conference;
- The ITHF members with at least 25 players with at least 250 points at the World Ranking would have 2 votes at the Delegates’ Conference;
- The other ITHF members with a right to vote would have 1 vote.
2) One vote for every ITHF member, no matter how many players are active at any nation.
The Executive Committee has decided that each ITHF member is RESPONSIBLE for the accuracy of results sent to the World Ranking from its country.
The Executive Committee asks all the ITHF members to announce the official contacts for entering results into the World Ranking. Results sent to the World Ranking from the series of tournaments which were not approved by this official national contact will be marked as the Level 5 World Ranking tournaments.
B. Axelsen, P. Bengtsson, V. Kraus, M. Papp, I.Zubeckis
The Executive Committee members